Placement Test and Language Assessment
If you have not studied Portuguese previously, you do not need to take the placement test. Please enroll in PRT100Y.
If you have not studied Portuguese previously, but are a native or proficient speaker of Spanish, you do not need to take the placement test. Please enroll in PRT120Y.
If you have learnt Portuguese in school or have been exposed to Portuguese at home, please take the Placement Test for assessment.
Instructions for taking the Portuguese Placement Test for registered students with a Valid UTOR ID Account:
1. Click on https://tinyurl.com/PRT-Test
2. Enter your UTORid credentials.
3. Click Submit.
4. Click OK to continue (right bottom of the page).
5. Read and follow the instructions.
6. Fill in the background form and declaration and then take the test.
Once you are self-enrolled, you can access the organization from your portal homepage under the “My Organizations Plus” section, which is typically in the center of the portal homepage.